What to Know Before Your Scheduled Visit
Countertop or Cabinet Drawing
Bring a drawing of your countertop layout, including measurements and wall/backsplash locations so your project coordinator can determine how much material will be needed for your particular project. Measurements do not need to be exact. You can also email them ahead of time to: email@example.com.
Photos of Countertop Areas
Whether on your phone, tablet, laptop, or other mobile device, bring photos of your countertop areas/room with you to your appointment or email them ahead of time to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cabinet Door or Drawer Sample
Pictures of your cabinets may not do the colors justice. Bring in a small drawer, if possible, for comparison with your new countertop material.
Paint Sample Ideas
Whether on your phone or from a paint store, paint samples give your project coordinator a good idea of the look you are trying to achieve.
If you have a particular look you love, bring your favorite images in with you to your appointment.
What do you want your space to look like? Bring your ideas or inspiration photos with you. It is best to select your countertop material before making your final decision on your backsplash.
Steps to Your New Custom Countertops:
1. Make an appointment to meet with your Marble Uniques project coordinator to discuss your project. Appointments are recommended for all visits to our showroom so we can give you and your project all the attention it deserves.
2. Select new countertop material & color for all new countertop areas.
3. Select edge profiles.
4. Purchase or order new sink(s).
5. Purchase or order new faucet(s).
6. Review, sign and forward your contract to your Marble Uniques project coordinator.
7. Pay your deposit: Pay by check or through Marble Uniques electronic check link.
8. Review the “Template Measure and Install Checklist” and “Scope of Work”.
9. Call to schedule your template measure and installation approximately two weeks prior to being ready for template.
10. Please provide information on any new appliances and sink/faucet model numbers to your Marble Uniques project coordinator before we come out to template your project.
11. Arrange to have your old countertops removed and plumbing disconnected and reconnected after receiving your install date from Marble Uniques.
Decisions to Consider When Purchasing New Countertops:
1. New countertop material type and color?
2. Keep existing sink or choose a new Drop-in, Undermount or Apron front?
3. Will I get a new faucet?
4. Will I be getting any new appliances?
5. Keep existing (tile) backsplash, choose new tile or use the same material as my new countertops?
6. Change the size or shape of my current countertops?
7. Are there overhangs or other unsupported areas that will need supports for my new stone countertops?
8. Do I need to get a contractor involved for the following:
- Removal of existing countertops/backsplash
- Plumbing disconnect/reconnect
- Adding custom supports for unsupported overhangs or lazy susan corners
- Making sure cabinets are level and secured before Marble Uniques arrives to install your new countertops